Going on holiday soon? Taking one of these organic beauty travel sets will make the journey better!
By Courtney Yalen
Remember when people used to get all excited about plane trips? They used to dress up in their Sunday best and look forward to eating that exotic ‘plane food’.
I am practically laughing out loud right now, just thinking about it. For times have changed, my friends. Travelling now means queuing up in eternal lines at the security check to have your shoes, bags, coats and even your body inspected. Apparently, for items that could be used to potentially hijack a plane. Like, nail scissors. Or tweezers. Or beauty products that are in bottles over 100ml large.
That just doesn’t make sense! I mean, if you can somehow bring down a plane with 100ml of beauty creams, why is it you’re allowed a whole baggie of little 100ml bottles, but not, say, just one big 500ml bottle? It’s absurd. And that’s why my blood just boils when my very favourite beauty staple is confiscated. Just because it just happens to be in a 125ml bottle. Grrr…
The benefits of organic beauty travel sets
But you can’t fight City Hall, am I right? The only way to assure yourself that you’ll actually board your plane with all your beauty products intact is to buy them in teeny bottles.
Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I mean, that way, you can use them on the plane, right? And whilst your on your trip. So long as that journey is short enough that 100ml of product will suffice, that is.
Plus, travel is stressful on the body (and sometimes, the mind). So why add to that stress with chemical based products? It’s much easier on your system to use organic beauty products. These won’t contaminate your liver, or irritate your skin.
To look and feel just as perky and hydrated after hours of travel as you did when you left, I’ve found a few great natural and organic beauty travel sets.
These will not only leave you feeling pretty, but pretty smug, too, after that nasty customs officer lets you breeze right through the security check.
Organic Beauty Travel Sets for Skincare
The first of the organic beauty sets you’ll need? Shampoos! Why not pack this little bit of luxury into your bag? Rahua’s natural formulas will keep all hair types radiant and healthy, no matter where your journey takes you. I mean, why risk using detergent-like hotel products, right?
This kit includes two-ounce sizes of:
- Rahua’s Classic Shampoo
- Their Classic Conditioner
- Rahua’s Voluminous Shampoo
- Their Voluminous Conditioner
These products are sized to last approximately two weeks for short hair, or one week for long.
Best for: All hair types
This organic beauty travel kit contains Tata Harper’s daily skincare essentials. It’s basically a complete regimen that provides every step you need for beautiful, glowing skin.
Each 100% natural, vegan formula is powered by the latest skincare technology. These products deliver dramatic results. After just one use of this complete regimen, pores will look smaller, lines appear softened, and hydration is restored.
The set contains:
- Regenerating Cleanser (15 ml)
Daily exfoliating and clarifying treatment to improve your glow
- Hydrating Floral Essence (15 ml)
- A lightweight, moisturising mist that boosts the skin’s hydration
- Rejuvenating Serum (10 ml)
- Best-selling multitasking treatment fights the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Repairative Moisturiser (10 ml)
- Rich, silky formula delivers hydration for a youthful, dewy appearance.
- Replenishing Nutrient Complex (3 ml)
- Lightweight facial oil serum to smooth, soothe, and moisturize stressed, dry skin.
- Resurfacing Mask (7.5 ml)
- A face treatment that works like a traditional peel to provide instant luminosity
Best for: Those who take their skincare regimen seriously
Vegan? Some, but not all products (some contain honey or milk)
Julia Wills and Alexander Kummerov created Herbivore in their Seattle home in 2011. Today, this vegan, plant based brand creates gorgeous daily skin care essentials.
Their 3 step In The Clouds Set features travel sizes of Herbivore’s bestselling:
- pink cloud cream (15ml)
- pink cloud cleanser (50ml)
- cloud jelly serum (9.8ml)
Together, these products are all perfect for your daily cleansing and hydrating needs!
Best for: Skincare basics
Gwyneth Paltrow has put one of the best organic beauty travel sets together!
It’s a nourishing skincare set that offers a complete regimen resulting in more hydrated, even-toned skin. It contains a:
- natural eye cream
- rich face cream
- nourishing face oil
Each product is jam-packed with plant extracts and nutrient-dense oils. The aim? To give you more supple, youthful-looking skin.
Goop Beauty’s formulas don’t just feel incredible—they also deliver noticeable results that keep devotees coming back for more.
Best for: Highly effective, skincare basics
COOLA’s limited-edition pouch comes with all you need for a beach holiday. There are four TSA travel size organic suncare products. Namely:
- 2 SPF 30 sunscreens
- 1 SPF 30 lip balm
- 1 after-sun lotion-that keeps you sun safe
This is an ‘everything-in-one’ sun care package for the whole family. It’s one of our organic beauty travel kits that suits all skin types, too. It’s even safe enough for children!
Best for: Beach holidays, of course!
Planning a holiday in the woods, or in a tropical environment? You’ll want some products that keep insects at bay. And this Rosemary Repel set is one of the best organic beauty travel sets for you! It includes 3.3 oz sizes of the following products:
- Rosemary Repel Shampoo
- A Rosemary Repel Conditioner
- Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray
All of these products come housed in a handy travel bag. They’re infused with organic rosemary, citronella, tea tree, geranium, and peppermint oils. These oils help repel insects, and even aid in the prevention of lice for children.
There’s also jojoba, chamomile and lavender extracts. These hydrate, moisturise and soothe the scalp.
Best for: Camping trips or visits to the tropics or a cottage. Ideal for the whole family.
Juice Beauty has added six of their best selling skincare items into one organic, vegan beauty travel set.
It contains everything you need to cleanse, exfoliate, treat and hydrate your skin. The result will be smoother, more hydrated, glowing skin, for sure!
This is what you’ll get:
- Prebiotix Cleansing Cream: helps balance the skin’s micro-flora and protect the skin’s microbiome
- Stem Cellular Booster Serum: boosts the performance of all creams
- Stem Cellular Moisturiser: hydrates the skin with jojoba and shea.
- Stem Cellular Exfoliating Peel Spray: resurfaces the skin with plant-based exfoliants
- Green Apple Peel Full Strength: helps even skin tone and texture, and reduces the appearance of dark spots & discoloration
- Pore Refining Bamboo Mask: draws out excess oil and impurities
We love that all of these products are formulated with an organic base of botanical juices. That makes them much more powerful than added water, which most brands use.
Best for: More mature or ageing skin
This is one of the most essential organic beauty travel sets for just about everyone!
Ditch disposable cotton rounds and makeup wipes (which don’t usually biodegrade) on your trip. Kitsch’s Eco-Friendly Cleansing Kit is a great replacement! It has just what you need for your travelling beauty routine,
Consciously created from organic cotton and bamboo, these luxuriously soft cleansing rounds and cloth are kind on your skin and the planet.
Best for: Everyone’s skin care needs. These are a must have on every trip!
Ohh, this is one of our favourite organic beauty travel sets for sure!
Curated by the highly knowledgeable ULTA Beauty site, it contains all kinds of gorgeous travel sized goodies by the best brands! These include:
- Coola – Full Spectrum 360 Refreshing Water Cream Organic Face Sunscreen SPF 50 (0.5 oz)
- Acure – Brightening Facial Scrub (0.67 oz)
- Dermalogica – Daily Microfoliant (0.14 oz)
- Innersense Organic Beauty – Sweet Spirit Leave In Conditioner (2.0 oz)
- Keys Soulcare – Golden Cleanser (1.01 oz)
- Kinship – Supermello Hydrating Gel Cream (0.5 oz)
- Kylie Skin– Eye Cream (0.57 oz)
- Loli – Plum Elixir – Rejuvenating Beauty Oil (0.24 oz)
- Monday Haircare– Smooth Shampoo (1.69 oz)
- Osea – Undaria Algae Body Oil (0.6 oz)
- Pacifica – Glow Baby Brightening Face Wash (1.4 oz)
- Pur – Fully Charged Mascara Powered by Magnetic Technology (0.14 oz)
- Tarte – Maneater Voluptuous Mascara (0.06 oz)
- Ulta Beauty Collection – Gloss Stick (0.06 oz)
- Undone Beauty – Poppa Gloss- Watercolor Rose (0.095 oz)
In short, it’s got everything your skin and hair will need on holiday, but that’s not all! There are also makeup basics, too. And we love that it comes in a reusable hemp makeup bag!
Best for: Anyone who wants to try the best of the best organic beauty brands whilst on holiday.
This oil blend is a must-have for any long-haul trip you’ve got planned. Essential oils of lavender, lemon myrtle, patchouli, peppermint and eucalyptus among others instantly ease any physical or emotional discomforts associated with travelling.
Keep your mind, immune system and stomach grounded while in-flight, and afterwards!
Best for: Those who suffer from jet lag
Main image: Pixabay