Craving a taste of France? Try this summery peas and parsley sarrasin with creamy shallots recipe!
By Lora O’Brien
I don’t know about you, but I’m officially done with the lockdown. The novelty of being able to have a lay-in, stay in my pyjamas all day without judgement and watch copious amounts of Netflix has well and truly worn off.
Now I’m occupying my time searching for places I can visit once lockdown is over. And somewhere I’ve always wanted to explore? France!
There’s something about French culture that is so appealing to me. The seductive accent, their chilled approach to everyday life – plus who doesn’t want to visit a place where it’s considered the norm to have a glass of wine with your lunch, even when working? And so, with wanderlust well and truly snapping at my heels, I started looking for French-inspired recipes, and I found one that is truly delicious!
Thanks to table de jardin for sharing with us this Peas and Parsley Sarrasin with Creamy Shallots dish. Sarala, the talented hands behind this plant-based food blog, was inspired after studying in and travelling France. Turning her love of the elegant French cuisine into plant-based dishes, her food blog was born.
Whether it’s a Monday or a Saturday, whether you’re alone or sharing a meal with loved ones, table de jardin is all about sitting down to a slow, healthy meal, prepared with lots of wholesome ingredients.
So, let’s set the table, pour a glass of wine and light some candles, because every meal is an opportunity to indulge in some self-love, am I right?
Recipe Of The Week: Peas and Parsley Sarrasin with Creamy Shallots
1 cup buckwheat groats
2 cups vegetable broth or water
4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups frozen peas
1 1/2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
6-8 shallots, peeled and cut in half
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon flour
salt to taste
Spring the peas just go together so perfectly. The vibrancy of the green pea just seems to scream that summer is on its way! Paired with sarrasin or buckwheat groups, fresh herbs, lemon juice and a generous amount of garlic, the peas create both a hearty and nutritional asset to this meal. Served with a simple side of creamy and crunchy shallots, this is one meal you’ll want to take your time to enjoy!
1. Heat some olive oil in a pot and lightly fry off the garlic.
2. Stir in the buckwheat grouts and vegetable broth or water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. While the buckwheat is simmering, brown the shallots on each side in a frying pan with olive oil.
4. Stir the flour and almond milk together, add in the shallots and simmer for a few more minutes before setting the shallots aside.
5. Once the buckwheat has simmered for about 10 minutes, stir in the frozen peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes before turning off the flame.
6. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and add salt to taste.
7. Serve the buckwheat with the shallots immediately.
I hope you enjoyed making this Peas and Parsley Sarrasin with Creamy Shallots recipe, and if you’re looking to make more delicious dishes, click here for some more vegan French food recipes!
- 40 Vegan Fakeaway Recipes Better Than Any Takeout! - Jun 2, 2020
- Brilliantly Boozy Vegan Cocktail Recipes - May 25, 2020
- 20 Cool Ways to Upcycle Mason Jars - May 23, 2020
Did you enjoy this post? Want to show your gratitude? Please support us on Patreon!