By Diane Small
A bit of creativity and a will to recycle can add up to a very creative household indeed! We’ve scoured the net to find 15 fun upcycling ideas that will add a touch of humour and style to any home.
1. Old sweaters become cat beds
2. Bikes are used in ways you never imagined: as a sink stand
3. Or as lighting fixtures
Image: Joe O’Connell + Blessing Hancock Public Art
4. Or as a clock
5. Or even as chairs
Image: Andy Gregg
6. Bottles easily become pendant lights, like these
7. Or these:
8. Old bathtubs become Breakfast at Tiffany’s style sofas:
9. An old spaghetti strainer makes a rustic pendant lamp:
10. A filing cabinet makes a very strong and practical based for a desktop.
11. Drill a hole in old toys to make a roaringly good toothbrush holder!
12. Use a glue gun and scrap fabric and wrapping paper to turn tins into stylish pots for your desk
13. Cut old globes in half to create a rather educational pendant lamp
14. Upcycle simple wicker baskets into ‘drawers’. Great for hallway storage!
15. Create a ‘wall’ of coloured glass by drilling holes through the bottom of old bottles and running a length of rope through them.
Did you enjoy this post? Want to show your gratitude? Please support us on Patreon!