Last Updated on
By Eluxe Staff
Hurrah! It’s finally time to bring out the party clothes! Tired of wearing the same old LBD? We asked three Eluxe writers to put an outfit together for the holidays to give you a bit of inspiration. Here’s what they came up with…
Look One, By Brooke Lacey
‘Tis the season to party! With a lot going on this time of year, it’s helpful to know how to put together a chic ensemble… and fast! I find it’s always helpful to have a list of criteria for every look I’m going for when I’m getting dressed for a night out, so here’s my four criteria for an always-classic party look.
1. A basic item: This can be a dress, a coat, anything! The key is to keep it simple. This gives you a chance to showcase your style with shoes, bags, and accessories!
2. An edgy item: This is where your creativity comes in! Jewelry is especially easy to find in an edgy, bad-girl style, so I would pick one item (a bracelet or a statement necklace, for example) and go all out!
3. Statement accessory: Your statement accessory is the crowning glory of your look. In this case, it’s these cool graffiti pumps by Lisa Lesa. They are so unique and eye-catching, and they’re the perfect conversation-starter. I know if I saw someone wearing these, I would have to know all about them!
4. Vintage: A classic item, whether it’s vintage Chanel or Hermes, something passed down or something bought secondhand, a basic staple item that flatters the look but doesn’t demand too much attention. Perfection!
Want to see more? Check these links out:
Vegan Chic By Diane Small
As a vegan, I find it quite difficult sometimes to find eco-friendly looks that are super stylish, too, but Daniel Silverstein really comes through with this awesome dress (all those delicate straps! imagine how they’d drape that natural fabric all over your curves!).
Vegan shoes tend to be a bit frumpy, but these Libertine pumps from Shutz add glam to any outfit. The earrings, from A Peace Treaty, not only look elegant, but the brand fosters peace between Israel and Palestine, so you can feel good about wearing them. Finally, the clutch from 6PM.com isn’t that eco-friendly, according to my Editor, but it is vegan, and I just love it!
Casual Chic by Chere Di Boscio
Not all parties involve dressing to the nines, so if I get invited for some Christmas cocktails, I’m more likely to wear something like this cashmere Love sweater by Chinti and Parker, along with a sturdy pair of jeans like this pair by Nudie.
The boots are by Nasty Gal and are actually quite Nice, as they’re vegan, and the scarf and beanie are by the North Circular, Lily Cole’s line. Finally, the coat may be Burberry, which isn’t the most eco-friendly brand, but it is 100% pure wool, naturally dyed, and you’ll wear it forever, so hey, why not?
Which look do you like best? We’d love to hear from you…
- WIN A Pair Of Eco Friendly SOLO Sunglasses - Jul 5, 2020
- A Vegan Vacation! Powered by Plants at Gili Lankanfushi - Jul 3, 2020
- Top 10 Toxins in Your Home & What To Do About Them - Jun 28, 2020
Did you enjoy this post? Want to show your gratitude? Please support us on Patreon!